What is self-care?
Self-care can be any activity that you do to take care of yourself and your wellbeing. Self-care can be listening to music, going for a walk, reading or talking to a friend. Below, I am going to share some of the quick & easy self-care tips that I use
Why is self-care important?
Self-care helps to lower stress, reduce anxiety and can help you live a healthier life. Practicing self-care promotes a healthier relationship with yourself and others. At times, work and family life can get become overwhelming that we forget to take care of ourselves. As a result, we are more stressed and therefore unable to be our best selves.
How do you practice self-care?
Here are some quick & easy self-care tips that you can practice every day!
- Getting your nails done
- Trying a new hairstyle/get a new cut
- Treat yourself to a spa day
- Take a bubble bath (with a glass of wine!)
Try a new activity:
- Go for a walk/hike
- Pick up a new hobby (kickboxing, yoga, join the gym)
- Find your local sip & paint (these are SO much fun)
Get in tune with YOU:
- Listen to music (create a playlist of your favorite songs)
- Read a book
- Start a journal (this helps get those feeling out of your mind and onto paper)
- Meditate (this will really help to lower your stress & anxiety)
I know that sometimes it is hard to focus on yourself, especially if you have an entire household to take care of. Something to think about is if you aren’t are your best, how can you be helpful to anyone else? Also, self-care does not have to look like any of the topics I listed above, it can be anything you find enjoyable. For example, I enjoy cleaning, so I would consider that my self-care. I enjoy tying my hair up, putting on a face mask & cleaning my house while listening to music.
Sincerely Chanel 💋